Rinse the mouth - this is what many neglect, but they do it in vain. After all, it can both protect you from many problems, and improve your health.
Remember that you need to do this correctly. Moreover, there are a lot of mouthwashes today.
How not to make a mistake and choose a high-quality and suitable product for you? How to properly carry out this procedure and prepare the oral cavity for it?
- How to prepare for the procedure?
- How to rinse mouth properly?
- Antiseptic solutions
- Anti-inflammatory drugs
- Traditional medicine recipes
- Flushing with herbal decoctions
- Efficiency, proven by the practice of
How to prepare for the procedure?
Rinse will bring the maximum result, if before it you properly prepare the oral cavity for this procedure. You can do this as follows:
- Using dental floss .This method of cleaning with inflamed gums should be used very carefully so as not to damage them and not injure them.
- Application of toothbrush and paste .Choose the toothpaste and toothbrush that suits you best, in order to carefully, but at the same time carefully clean your teeth, touching even the most difficult areas. There are even special pastes that will help you in the fight against bleeding and unpleasant odor. They include fluoride and herbs. The most popular of them: "Parodontax", "Lacalut", "Sensodyne".
- Massaging the gums .It is done with two fingers and lasts no more than 5-7 minutes. But remember that it is necessary to carry out such massage very carefully, so as not to infect the infection and not to injure the gum.
How to rinse mouth properly?
Rules should not be neglected, if you do not want to hurt yourself and injure both the affected and inflamed gums.
- Procedure and preparation for it spend very carefully, so as not to harm your health even more.
- If there are sores in the mouth, do not touch them with your hands, do not rip off the crusts and build-ups before and after rinsing.
- The remedy should not be very hot or cold. The temperature should be made comfortable.
- After rinsing for at least 20 minutes, you should avoid food and drink.
- Do not select the preparation or rinse aid yourself. Be sure to consult a good doctor who will help in this matter.
The rinsing technique is very simple: draw the liquid for the procedure into the mouth, hold it there for a while, while moving the tongue and cheeks to penetrate the means into all the corners, then spit it out. Repeat these actions can be several times for one rinse, and the procedure itself is best done after each meal.
There are many tools you can use to rinse your mouth. All of them can be divided conditionally into three groups:
- is an anti-inflammatory;
Antiseptic agents fight with multiplying microbes, which contribute to increasing the intensity of inflammation or its appearance. Most often these are the following medications:
- Miramistin. Its 0.01% solution is used, which can be bought ready-made in any pharmacy without a doctor's prescription. Rinse your mouth with this remedy during the day 3 times after pre-brushing your teeth. It is active against the herpes virus, so it is prescribed for herpes stomatitis.
- Chlorgesidine .The aqueous solution of this agent is 0.05%.The method of its application is the same as miramistine.
- Furacilin .It is necessary to crush and dissolve 2 tablets in a glass of warm water. Rinse your mouth with furacilin immediately after brushing your teeth 3-4 times a day.
Healthy gums are simple:
In addition to antiseptic agents, there are anti-inflammatory drugs designed to reduce inflammation. Here are some of them:
- Stomatophyte .In its composition, in addition to alcohol, medicinal herbs are included. For rinsing, it is diluted in warm water in a proportion of 1: 5.
- Tantum verde .From the numerous forms of this drug, choose a solution for topical application and dilute it with warm water in a 1: 1 ratio.
- Chlorophyllipt .It consists of extracts from the leaves of eucalyptus and alcohol. It must also be diluted with water before use.
- Rotokan .It includes medicinal herbs and ethyl alcohol. For use, dilute 1-2 small spoons of the solution in a glass of boiled water.
Recipes of traditional medicine
Inflammation of the gums worries people from the earliest days. Therefore, many effective and safe tools have been found and tested to help cope with the problem.
The simplest recipes:
- Rinse with salt .You can use the usual stone or sea. On a glass of water, take 1 small spoonful of salt.
- Rinse the with soda. In a glass of water, add 1 tablespoon of soda, stir well and the solution is ready. Rinse with soda, salt, iodine .In a glass with water, add one small spoonful of soda and salt, and then drip 2-3 drops of iodine. Mix everything well.
- Rinsing with with hydrogen peroxide .Peroxide 3% concentration. Mix it with water in a 1: 1 ratio and rinse the mouth with the resulting solution.
Washing with decoctions of herbs
Most often used here: oak bark, celandine, garlic, chamomile, St. John's wort, calendula, coltsfoot and many others.
For lack of other options it is acceptable to use even strong green tea. It not only reduces inflammation, but also reduces pain and discomfort in the mouth. Here are a few recipes that are used most often:
- Chamomile broth .Brew the chemist's daisy( about 1 small spoon in a glass of water) and let it brew for up to 20 minutes under the lid.
- Decoction of mint .Pour 2 small spoons of mint with boiling water and allow the broth to infuse for at least 10 minutes under the lid. Rinse with this solution is recommended to be carried out not more often 2-3 times a day.
- Oregano broth .Brew 2 large spoons of herbs in a glass of boiling water. Let it brew and apply in the mornings and evenings.
Efficacy, proven by the practice of
Inflamed gums do not always immediately manifest themselves with pain or discomfort. Often it is bleeding when brushing teeth, bad smell from the mouth and other unpleasant symptoms. However, if you do not pay attention to the disease and can not be cured in time, it can lead to serious problems: penetration of the infection into the body, loss of one or more teeth.
There are cases when inflammation of the gums indicates an internal disease that requires immediate treatment( blood diseases, hormonal disruptions, metabolic disorders, beriberi).In such situations, mouthwash is only an auxiliary measure, supplementing the basic treatment.
When the inflammatory process begins, be sure to consult a dentist. After all, only after a thorough examination, identifying the attendant factors, you can establish the cause of the inflammation and eliminate it.
The effectiveness of rinses in the complex therapy for the treatment of inflammation of the gums and the accompanying pathology is quite high. It is important only to choose the right drug and eliminate the cause that led to inflammation.
In addition, daily preventive procedures will not take up much effort, time and money. Especially if the rinse aid is prepared by yourself.