Varicose is a disease of the vascular system that is characterized by a persistent and irreversible process of expansion and lengthening of the veins, thinning of the venous walls and the appearance of nodes.
This problem is faced by a huge number of people at the age of thirty. Various factors can lead to the onset of this pathology.
Among the most common - pregnancy, heavy physical exertion, unbalanced nutrition, a constant load on the lower limbs, for example, because of working on the legs. The disease manifests itself following symptoms:
- heaviness in the legs;
- vascular setochka in the form of blue veins.
If these signs are found, appropriate measures should be taken immediately so as not to aggravate the progression of the disease.
Varicosity imposes serious restrictions on the lifestyle of a person, many patients are wondering whether it is possible to engage in a particular activity in such conditions - sports, running, cycling and so on.
An exact answer to this question can not be, because one sport can significantly exacerbate the situation, and the other, on the contrary, will have a positive effect on the state of health.
- About sport - you are power! But if wisely. ..
- Kinds of sport that are always for the benefit of
- Also useful, but with limitations
- What should I forget, at least temporarily
- What is absolutely not allowed to do
- And what is necessary
- Features of
- food Summing up
About sport- You are power! But if wisely. ..
With varicose is not forbidden to go in for sports, moreover, physical activity is even welcomed by many doctors, but you need to choose the right kind of sport, thanks to which you can achieve:
- normalization of blood circulation;
- strengthening of vessel walls;
- improving the lymph drainage system;
- strengthening of the general physical condition.
Often sports activities become more complicated due to the impossibility of relaxing or, conversely, muscle tension. At the same time, relaxation helps reduce pressure on the veins, which improves their flow capacity.
Therefore, if the sporting activity is selected adequately, it is possible, if not completely to defeat the disease, then at least to reduce its unpleasant symptoms.
Kinds of sport that are always for the benefit of
Useful sports for varicose include:
- Swimming and aqua aerobics - most effective. This is due to the fact that water procedures reduce the burden on the joints. At the same time, the breathing of a person in the water becomes more vigorous, which activates various metabolic processes in the organism and favorably affects the blood state.
- Walking on the road .It is best to do such exercises for at least thirty minutes every day. It is important that walking does not cause any unpleasant sensations. A huge role in athletic walking is played by the breathing system - you have to inhale and exhale after every three steps.
- Biking is very useful, because the activity of the legs at a certain rate reduces the risk of stagnation in the vessels that provoke varicose veins.
- Golf .Has a positive effect on the circulatory system in the lower limbs, because the person will constantly move around the field.
Also useful, but with limitations
There are sports that can be treated with varicose veins only after consultation with a doctor:
- Running .Running is necessary only in the open air to saturate the blood with oxygen. Before you start training, you need to consult a specialist who can determine the amount of stress on the lower limbs.
- Training on the simulators .It is necessary to engage in those shells on which you can be in a horizontal position. The lifting of the bar and dumbbells is excluded, since the legs will remain in extremely strained condition.
- Fitness .Fitness can be done in the early stages of the disease, but it will require compulsory medical consultation, which will make a system of acceptable exercises. To pump the ass when running varicose veins most likely will not work.
- Dancing .Very many kinds of this sport are allowed with varicose veins, because they have a positive effect on blood circulation and help control weight( which is very important in this case).Dancing, which involves bouncing and vigorous attacks on your feet should be ruled out.
What should I forget, at least temporarily
There are a lot of contraindicated loads:
- Do not exercise that requires power or shock loads on your legs, for example - squats, lifting weights in standing position, fast running, jumping .
- Any kind of physical activity that the can cause any damage to the 's legs should be avoided.
- Categorically it is forbidden to go in for sport professionally .
After doing any physical exercises, you need to lie down for a while in such a position that your legs are slightly raised. Thus, the outflow of blood to the heart will improve.
What is strictly forbidden to do
Timely diagnosis of the disease and adequate treatment will help get rid of varicose veins, but if you ignore things that you can not do, all efforts can be completely vain.
So, what can not:
- Allow overeating , if it is fraught with excess weight. A large load on the feet will only provoke a worsening of the condition.
- To drive a sedentary lifestyle .If you constantly stay in this position, the blood pressure in the vessels will only increase. Also dangerous and standing work. If life circumstances can not be changed, massage and various exercises should be performed daily, which ensure a complete circulation of blood in the vessels.
- To resort to the procedures of can and honey massage .Such an effect can cause significant damage to the vessels.
- Wear uncomfortable shoes, as well as high-heeled shoes .People with this disease should remember how important is comfort for the feet, so shoes should fit in size and be as comfortable as possible.
- To be in the sun in the sun on the beach .In severe form of leg varicose, exposure to ultraviolet rays can lead to the development of trophic ulcers, but this does not mean that you can not sunbathe in principle. When you are on the beach you should be in the shade, and also visit it in the morning or in the evening, when the sun is not so aggressive. It is very important to use a special protective agent. It's not recommended to go to a solarium.
- To go to the bath .Very many healers advise to be treated for this ailment exactly, but this is fundamentally wrong. In conditions of high temperature, the blood supply is redistributed, the vessels expand, the blood volume increases, so the load on each vein increases many times.
- Take the contraceptive pill .They, like many other hormonal drugs can greatly exacerbate the disease. Also, their use can lead to the development of intravenous thrombosis and thromboembolism.
- Also can not perform hair removal procedures that assume the influence of high temperature .Among them: shugaring, wax, quantum and enzymatic epilation.
And what is necessary
Not only it is necessary, but also it is necessary at varices to do and apply the following:
- From fatigue and a feeling of heaviness in the legs, the knitted compression underwear is good - tights and knee-highs. They are selected by the doctor individually, taking into account the parameters of the patient's legs. You can buy such clothes in the pharmacy. The effectiveness of this method is that these products help the vessels to carry an increased load. It is very important not to confuse compression tights with ordinary pulling!
- Cool relaxing foot baths help relieve tension and pain. It is necessary to conduct such procedure in the morning and in the evening. You can rinse your feet from the shower, while the water jets should be directed from the bottom up, in the direction of blood flow through the veins.
- Very important position of the legs during sleep .It is necessary that the end of the bed is slightly elevated. For this, you can put something soft under your feet.
- One of the most effective methods for varicose veins is massage .It greatly improves blood circulation. You can do it yourself, best before bedtime. Movements should be smooth without any pressure, and start from the fingers. It is very good when using olive oil or apple cider vinegar.
- To date, there is a huge selection of ointments and gels , which are indicated for venous insufficiency. Although they are dispensed without a prescription, before buying, you need to consult a specialist. Also, remember that these funds will be effective only at the initial stage of the disease.
There are several useful recipes that folk medicine offers:
- Make herbal baths for feet. For this, you can use the bark of oak, St. John's wort, a string, leaves of plantain. All these agents improve blood circulation and cause vessels to tone.
- When trophic ulcers compresses with sea buckthorn or olive oil are required, as well as honey compresses. These remedies have a healing effect.
- Drink healing herbs on herbs , which dilute blood and prevent clogging of blood vessels. The broth can be prepared from hawthorn, cones of hops, grasses of sweet clover, licorice root or medicinal angelica.
Features of nutrition
The diet plays an important role in varicose veins, so you need to eat foods that are low in cholesterol and rich in proteins, vitamins and microelements that strengthen the walls of the vessels and make them much more elastic.
In this case, very useful:
Our readers recommend!
For the treatment and prevention of varicose veins and hemorrhoids, our readers use the method first voiced by Malysheva. Having carefully studied it, we decided to offer it to your attention. The opinion of doctors. .. "
- dried fruits;
- sour-milk products;
- sprouted wheat;
- fatty broth;
- smoked products;
- canned food;
- black tea;
Eating the patient must be correct and balanced. The basic rules of the diet are as follows:
- Be sure to have breakfast .Breakfast should be full and nutritious.
- There is little, but often .The usual portions should be divided into 5-6 receptions.
- Do not eat after 18.00 and especially at bedtime.
- Do not drink water while eating .Water helps dilute the gastric juice, which can lead to digestion disorders.
Summing up, we can say that the main preventive measures for venous insufficiency are:
- proper nutrition;
- moderate physical activity;
- wearing comfortable shoes;
- high-grade rest;
- control of excess weight;
- rejection of bad habits.
Varicose is a serious disease that you need to start fighting as early as possible. With timely measures taken, you can achieve good results and complete healing. Otherwise, if in time not to give this problem due attention, the disease will gradually progress and cause serious consequences.
In the absence of treatment in the early stages of the disease, stagnant phenomena will develop that contribute to the disruption of the nutrition processes of the skin. Over time, this will lead to abnormal skin changes - eczema, ulcers and necrosis.
In advanced stages, ulcers do not heal, veins start to bulge, and besides such cosmetic defects, there is a risk of rupture of the veins and as a result - bleeding.
In time the treatment started, the fulfillment of all medical prescriptions and preventive maintenance guarantees a stable positive result.